It is currently Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:49 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: You know what would have been funny?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:44 pm 
Offline
Camper

Joined: Dec 31 2010
Posts: 32
If a snake really did come out of the shit box and bite his ass. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: You know what would have been funny?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:48 pm 
Offline
Camper
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01 2010
Posts: 134
You know what would be funny as well? If Roy outside the outhouse joined in on the "ooh baby" song.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: You know what would have been funny?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:08 am 
Offline
Camper
User avatar

Joined: Dec 31 2010
Posts: 66
Haha a duet, that would have been pretty funny.

On a side note, there's one character I find really pointless in this movie. It's the Clint Eastwood wannabe handyman who appears at Ethel's house to do some odd jobs, spies on a couple having sex and is then murdered. If you're going to use him as a red herring do a little more with the character. 'That is one fucking ugly man that goes there!'

_________________
Writer, critic, author and cynical bastard!

http://christian-sellers.com
http://love-it-loud.com
http://drgoresfunhouse.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: You know what would have been funny?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:44 am 
Offline
Camper
User avatar

Joined: Jan 04 2011
Posts: 58
Christian Sellers wrote:
Haha a duet, that would have been pretty funny.

On a side note, there's one character I find really pointless in this movie. It's the Clint Eastwood wannabe handyman who appears at Ethel's house to do some odd jobs, spies on a couple having sex and is then murdered. If you're going to use him as a red herring do a little more with the character. 'That is one fucking ugly man that goes there!'



I have always wondered that as well. It seems our beloved franchise is full of some random characters.

The guy mopping the floor at the diner in part 1 that gets random camera time.
The additional counselors in part 2.
"We DONT accept no food stamps" in Part 3
The two EMTS in part 4
Clint eastwood in 5
"Here they are...and theyre allllll yours" in 6
The sweet mullet on the EMT in 7 (had to throw that in) someone please post a pic if you can find it
The deckhand in 8
The bald cop in JGTH
All characters in X
The two dudes in the cornfield in FvsJ (who knew the fat one would go on to be in the show "Lost")
The overly-forced gas station clerk in the remake


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: You know what would have been funny?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:06 am 
Offline
Camper

Joined: Jan 09 2011
Posts: 60
You know what's funny? No one thought Roy's crazy stare moments were strange.

On a side note....... You're REALLY out of line Vic! Roy killed everyone exept the guy who killed his son. They didn't even mention him again.. That's funny!

_________________
He's killing me!! He's killing me!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: You know what would have been funny?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:08 am 
Offline
Camper
User avatar

Joined: Jan 04 2011
Posts: 58
Saint_Nick09 wrote:
You know what's funny? No one thought Roy's crazy stare moments were strange.

On a side note....... You're REALLY out of line Vic! Roy killed everyone exept the guy who killed his son. They didn't even mention him again.. That's funny!



NICE spot, nick. I had never thought of that


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: You know what would have been funny?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:37 am 
Offline
Camper
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01 2010
Posts: 134
Oh Christian, ANB is all about random characters that make you think about their past (handyman), they're future (Victor) and just what the hell they're thinking. It's an almost epic level movie full of every slasher trope you can think of.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: You know what would have been funny?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:14 am 
Offline
Camper
User avatar

Joined: Dec 31 2010
Posts: 70
kcjonesy24 wrote:
Christian Sellers wrote:
Haha a duet, that would have been pretty funny.

On a side note, there's one character I find really pointless in this movie. It's the Clint Eastwood wannabe handyman who appears at Ethel's house to do some odd jobs, spies on a couple having sex and is then murdered. If you're going to use him as a red herring do a little more with the character. 'That is one fucking ugly man that goes there!'



I have always wondered that as well. It seems our beloved franchise is full of some random characters.

The guy mopping the floor at the diner in part 1 that gets random camera time.
The additional counselors in part 2.
"We DONT accept no food stamps" in Part 3
The two EMTS in part 4
Clint eastwood in 5
"Here they are...and theyre allllll yours" in 6
The sweet mullet on the EMT in 7 (had to throw that in) someone please post a pic if you can find it
The deckhand in 8
The bald cop in JGTH
All characters in X
The two dudes in the cornfield in FvsJ (who knew the fat one would go on to be in the show "Lost")
The overly-forced gas station clerk in the remake

what's an EMT?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: You know what would have been funny?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:06 am 
Offline
Camper
User avatar

Joined: Jan 12 2011
Posts: 35
Struckworld wrote:
what's an EMT?


Emergency Medical Technician....aka ambulance personnel.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: You know what would have been funny?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:52 am 
Offline
Camper

Joined: Jan 02 2011
Posts: 23
Christian Sellers wrote:
the Clint Eastwood wannabe handyman


When I was a kid, I thought the actor was Clint Eastwood.

_________________
Life Between Frames: Filmmaking & film appreciation blog
Guest contributors welcome
Jason Lives - Red State - The House of the Devil - BTILC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: You know what would have been funny?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:58 pm 
Offline
Camper
User avatar

Joined: Jan 11 2011
Posts: 88
kcjonesy24 wrote:
The deckhand in 8

I thought he was supposed to be another Crazy Ralph/Abel character, whose use is to set the scene for what's to come. In case you're new to this slasher movie thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: You know what would have been funny?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:50 pm 
Offline
Camper
User avatar

Joined: Jan 04 2011
Posts: 58
Slash Man wrote:
kcjonesy24 wrote:
The deckhand in 8

I thought he was supposed to be another Crazy Ralph/Abel character, whose use is to set the scene for what's to come. In case you're new to this slasher movie thing.


Def not new to it....but I just thought that type of character was gone after Abel. There really isn't one in TFC, ANB (unless you count the sheriff), JL (the gravedigger wasnt that role, but the closest to Ralph), or TNB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: You know what would have been funny?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:26 pm 
Offline
Camper
User avatar

Joined: Jan 12 2011
Posts: 35
Anyone notice that about 1:13 of the movie Pam walks past a chore list? Anyway, someone took Vic off of firewood duty, WTF?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: You know what would have been funny?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:33 pm 
Offline
Camper
User avatar

Joined: Jan 11 2011
Posts: 88
kcjonesy24 wrote:
Def not new to it....but I just thought that type of character was gone after Abel. There really isn't one in TFC, ANB (unless you count the sheriff), JL (the gravedigger wasnt that role, but the closest to Ralph), or TNB.

They did stop the cycle at Part 3, but this just seemed like a not-so-subtle nod to the original.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: You know what would have been funny?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:18 pm 
Offline
Camper
User avatar

Joined: Jun 17 2011
Posts: 24
Location: Berkshire, England
What about the 2 guys fixing the car in the leather jackets? they were introduced purely to be killed.. same as seeing the van driver return and his slutty girlfriend at the diner..


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

Contact Us - Friday the 13th: The Website - Privacy Policy