It is currently Sat Jul 02, 2024 12:31 pm

Post subject: Friday the 13th much way better then remake!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2024 8:31 am 
Camper

The Last House on the Left, The Exorcist, The Omen, The Texas Chainsaw massacre & Halloween are the top 5 horror movies of the 70's. One of the best original horror movies in the 80's. Friday the 13th part 1 as well as A Nightmare on ELM street & many more great movies in the 80's as it was a golden age for horror & Fridat the 13th started it all. Friday the 13th still holds it's power to this day on. It's kind of makes the remake very tame.

Last edited by martin-horror on Fri Mar 18, 2024 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Friday the 13th much way better then remake!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2024 12:42 am 
Camper

martin-horror wrote:
The Last House on the Left, The Exorcist, The Omen, The Texas Chainsaw massacre & Halloween are the top 5 horror movies of the 70's. One of the best original horror movies in the 80's. Friday the 13th part 1 as well as A Nightmare on ELM street & many more great movies in the 80's as it was a golden age for horror & Fridat the 13th started it all. Friday the 13th still holds it's power to this day on. It's kind of makes the remake very tame.

well no shit Sherlock, its the original!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2024 4:36 pm 
Camper

I don't think that's a fair comparison. Friday the 13th 2024 is not as much as a "remake" as it is a reboot of the first four films (when Jason was human). There's a completely different angle. The only part of the original that matter to the reboot is the last five minutes, so we're not talking about a remake at all. The original served as more of a murder mystery than slasher movie.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2024 9:01 pm 
Camper

JasonXIII wrote:
I don't think that's a fair comparison. Friday the 13th 2024 is not as much as a "remake" as it is a reboot of the first four films (when Jason was human). There's a completely different angle. The only part of the original that matter to the reboot is the last five minutes, so we're not talking about a remake at all. The original served as more of a murder mystery than slasher movie.

Agreed, They are both different... Although the original one is the original, the remake has great qualities too, the only thing i would change would be to have a CAMP setting, and make it a little campy, instead of a bunch of preppy college kids going to a lake house..that and the original score, and more creative deaths, i felt the death scenes were weak in comparison of the old films... just my two cents, but it took me a few viewings before i started to really like it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2024 3:42 pm 
Camper

I agree with you with the camp settings Sheriff_Garris. That what I was respecting in the remake. In my view I feel the remake is more like the remake of part 3 to be honest.

Last edited by martin-horror on Fri Mar 18, 2024 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2024 6:27 pm 
Camper

I don't know if I would consider one film any better then the other when it comes to the original vs the remake. I really think they are both great and aside from being slasher films, they are both very different. Both films are products of their time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2024 6:38 pm 
Camper

Yes they are both great films to watch.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2024 1:06 am 
Camper

The original broke new ground for horror movies. The reboot just revisited that. It did create a slash by restarting the series, but it really didn't live up to expectations, since there have been better. The original still holds a special place for setting the standard.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2024 1:51 am 
Camper

The only reboot of any horror film that I feel matched the original, if not, more, was The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Why do I say that ? Well, simply because there is more chainsaw action and gore in the reboot and prequel, than there is the original 4 (scratch 4, no chainsaw kill) all combined. I really think the success of that reboot is what put on the motivations for the rest of the horror classics to be redone, but none of them were successful as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, IMO.

With that said, I will always hold the original film in high regard, but anybody who is a fan of the original 4 Friday films will have to say that the reboot did deliver Jason Voorhees in the flesh. That can't be denied!

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/author/Kane/ My Blog Archives

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2024 10:19 pm 
Camper

Well I agree well said there Kane! I agree with you Slash Man the reboot was just like a revisited. I was respecting the remake to have that creeping feel to it like the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacare. The original Friday the 13th still as it's power to this day.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2024 11:13 pm 
Camper

Psychologically, Leatherface has always had more of an effect on the audiences, in regards to pure terror, more so than Jason IMO !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2024 12:22 am 
Camper

The music in the original movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacare, Halloween, A Nightmare on ELM street & Friday the 13th always get me excited & cold feel runnig down my back. That one of the main key things that really makes these films work so well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2024 8:06 am 
Camper

They claimed the 2024 movie to be a "reboot" instead of a "remake"

It does show us all 3 films including the mother, potatoe sack and the famous hockey mask. Nice to see but the Friday The 13th Original still holds up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2024 12:13 am 
Camper

Kane wrote:
Psychologically, Leatherface has always had more of an effect on the audiences, in regards to pure terror, more so than Jason IMO !

Generally, I'd say you have a point, but it's all in how it's done. With Ted White against Robert Jacks, Jason wins hands-down. Then again, I'd say there hasn't really been a bad Jason.

Then again, Leatherface was effective because he was supposed to be a more realistic antagonist. I'd say that's why the original has aged so well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2024 1:53 am 
Camper

Robert Jacks? Of all the guys who portrayed Leatherface, you have to use the most sucky one out of them all?

When I say Leatherface, I typically have any of the guys who played Leatherface BEFORE Robert Jacks in mind.