It is currently Sat Jul 02, 2024 1:40 pm

Post subject: Favorite Friday the 13th hero/heroine?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2024 2:31 am 
Camper

By judging from the mood of some of your posts, my educated guess would be the majority favors Tommy Jarvis. He indeed proved to be the most infamous character after Pamela and Jason in the series, or at least in my opinion he was.

Who is your favorite survivor of the series ?

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/author/Kane/ My Blog Archives

Post subject: Re: Favorite Friday the 13th hero/heroine?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2024 11:13 am 
Camper

I'll hafta say my favorite survivor would be Tommy. Maybe its a typical answer, but the only other one that comes close for me is Ginny. Tommy is both a great protagonist and antagonist....depending on if you view Jason as a hero or villan. Tommy is probably the character most fans would want in a reboot as well. The only odd thing I've ever found about him is the strange dream sequence at the end of part 5. No matter how many times I see it, it never makes sense.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2024 8:05 pm 
Camper

Ginny and Paul.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2024 1:15 am 
Camper

Ginny definitely my favorite heroine.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2024 11:21 pm 
Camper

Part 5 Tommy, he kicked some serious ass.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2024 12:45 am 
Camper

He did kick ass but I cant put my finger on it, I just thought there was something missing with Part 5s Tommy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2024 1:36 am 
Camper

I do like the Tommy character but I think he could be taken to a new level if the film makers decide to include him in a new movie. It may just have been due to the less serious tone of part 6, but I'd love to see Tommy face off against Jason as a more serious character- say like Rob from TFC- so theres no more "..I tried to destroy him but I fucked up!" moments (lol although I do love that line haha), but thats just me.

I think Ginny gets my vote as it stands right now. Paul was a good hero- he took jason on man to man twice and depending on which way you look at it- may have lived to tell the tale but who really knows. I also think Padalecki's Clay was a likeable hero too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2024 11:31 am 
Camper

Tommy Jarvis is my favorite hero because he killed Voorhees with a single blow to the head and was always on his toes.

Trish Jarvis is my favorite heroine because she had common sense and wasn't another stock character.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2024 2:41 pm 
Camper

I agree Trish doesnt get the credit she deserves. I think because Tommy did the killing and he was in the next two we forget that Trish was very smart with how she was able to stay alive.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2024 4:39 pm 
Camper

Huge fan of Tommy but I'd have to see Ginny and Paul as well as Trish. She was a BA.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2024 11:30 pm 
Camper

Trish and Ginny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2024 1:57 am 
Camper

Tommy all the way. He knows Jason in and out each time besting him. All others just survive once.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2024 7:55 pm 
Camper

Now that I've grown more familiar with the franchise, I'd still cast my vote for Tommy. But I think that there's one person we're forgetting.

Creighton Duke.

I understand a lot of people didn't like Creighton because he is a "sadist." Most people who say this are most likely referring to the scene where he breaks Steven's fingers but I think there's more to it than that. Creighton was probably seeing if Steven had the guts to pursue Jason. That's why he pauses as if he's going to break a third finger and then stops. He's seeing if Steven will pull away at the last second. He wants to make sure Steven has what it takes to fight until they succeed. I don't believe he was breaking Steven's fingers for pleasure even though many people think so.

And how could I forget Ginny? Her and Trish are the definitive "Friday the 13th" heroines. I also really like Rennie despite what many fans think of her. In my opinion, she's a lot more likeable than Tina. Tina is more of a bad ass but Rennie is more likeable. She's also prettier in my opinion.

I also REALLY liked Clay. I was surprised because I was sure that there wouldn't be a likeable character in the entire movie. I think I ended up liking all of the characters with the exception of the characters from the opening scene (even though I did like the guy with the glasses), the bitchy old lady, the drug dealer, and Trent. I even liked the police officer who's eye gets gouged out. Clay especially, though. He' just really sympathetic and Padalecki does a really good job.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2024 10:04 pm 
Camper

Quinton_Moad wrote:
Now that I've grown more familiar with the franchise, I'd still cast my vote for Tommy. But I think that there's one person we're forgetting.

Creighton Duke.

I understand a lot of people didn't like Creighton because he is a "sadist." Most people who say this are most likely referring to the scene where he breaks Steven's fingers but I think there's more to it than that. Creighton was probably seeing if Steven had the guts to pursue Jason. That's why he pauses as if he's going to break a third finger and then stops. He's seeing if Steven will pull away at the last second. He wants to make sure Steven has what it takes to fight until they succeed. I don't believe he was breaking Steven's fingers for pleasure even though many people think so.

And how could I forget Ginny? Her and Trish are the definitive "Friday the 13th" heroines. I also really like Rennie despite what many fans think of her. In my opinion, she's a lot more likeable than Tina. Tina is more of a bad ass but Rennie is more likeable. She's also prettier in my opinion.

I also REALLY liked Clay. I was surprised because I was sure that there wouldn't be a likeable character in the entire movie. I think I ended up liking all of the characters with the exception of the characters from the opening scene (even though I did like the guy with the glasses), the bitchy old lady, the drug dealer, and Trent. I even liked the police officer who's eye gets gouged out. Clay especially, though. He' just really sympathetic and Padalecki does a really good job.

The duke, is the shit! one of my favorite characters in the series... and your point is spot on, thats exactly what Creighton was trying to do..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2024 5:26 am 
Camper

"She's only your woman because she hasn't had a taste of the Duke yet" haha classic line from a classic character!

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/author/Kane/ My Blog Archives