It is currently Mon Jun 20, 2024 1:04 pm

Post subject: Who wants a Jason video game?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2024 3:15 am 
Camper

Whould be cool & about time we had a Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees video game & the other top 3 bogeymen Freddy Kruger, Michael Myers & Leatherface. I want to have some fun & violence!

Post subject: Re: Who wants a Jason video game?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2024 5:19 am 
Camper

I would love to see a F13 video game. Havoc is supposed to have been developing one for a long time now. My ultimate dream would be a Full Console game, but I would take whatever I could get. A downloadable demo would be just as much fun. I really hope somebody comes to realize how much of an opportunity there is to cash in on this franchise via the video game world. No one has done this in the past, I think there has been one other F13 game in like 1986. Usually Industry types are quick to cash in on Franchise names that guarantee big bucks, I hope we see someone properly equipped to produce a fully funded game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2024 2:02 pm 
Camper

Thank you Martin for creating your own thread about a horror video game, I think everybody was starting to get off topic in the Red Dead Redemption thread!

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/author/Kane/ My Blog Archives

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2024 10:13 pm 
Camper

Kane wrote:
Thank you Martin for creating your own thread about a horror video game, I think everybody was starting to get off topic in the Red Dead Redemption thread!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2024 3:03 am 
Camper

What type of game would everyone like. You could have Mortalk Kombat format with horror icons, or would you like to have the game from the view point of the camp counselors? Or finally would you like to have to have it from Jasons point of view like a first person slasher?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2024 1:04 pm 
Camper

I would take anything I could get, a 2-D style fighting game like Mortal Kombat would be awesome. But I think an action/suspense/horror game would be the best. Starting off as the counselors, and working you way through the game, then maybe as a bonus for beating the game you get to play as Jason from the beginning, or in a smaller mini-game. That would be awesome, being terrified to go around every corner!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2024 3:25 pm 
Camper

Open world, free roam, with the player in control of the slasher!

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/author/Kane/ My Blog Archives

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2024 11:50 pm 
Camper

I think what could easly be cool a Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers video game on the Nintendo Wii as we play & move & we get to slash & dice our victimes any way we want. Now that what I call adult entertainment gaming!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2024 3:31 pm 
Camper

*raises hand* I want a Friday the 13th video game!

I have a feeling I'm in the minority, but I'd prefer a game where you escape Jason to one where you are Jason. Mostly, I feel it'd be difficult to make a game where you are Jason challenging; not so much because he's indestructable as because he's so powerful. You'd have to start bringing in other superhumans for challenging bosses, and (again, I'm probably in the minority here) while a slasher free-for-all might be fun in the future, I want Jason's first next-gen video game to be all about him. :)

Therefore, in my dream escaping-from-Jason game, I'd like as big and as movie-accurate a Crystal Lake and outlying areas as is mechanically feasable. I definitely want the ability to visit the town proper (where we saw Annie in the first film), as well as Higgins Haven, Tommy's house and the nearby rental property, etc.

The character is designed by the player, Elder Scrolls style, and has the freedom to interact with the people at the various locations, buy things in town, (when s/he gets to them). This character went camping with his/her friends in Crystal Lake, but wakes up in the middle of the night to find them missing. In the introductory level, you'd find your friends' corpses in grisly repose, then be chased by Jason. Your character would get away (for now), but once they got into town, they'd find help surprisingly difficult to come by...

My biggest wish for the game is that it would be scary. A little freedom to explore and mess around would be okay, but I wouldn't want anything included that would detract from the fear factor. I think the townspeople should be mostly guarded, if not outright unfriendly; they're in terror, and they think you're aggrivating it, if not bringing it down on them. While the player shouldn't be "pushed," s/he should never really be comfortable, either. Also, atmosphere should be ratcheted up to the max. I don't mean every location you enter should be a blood-splattered rusting hell (although designers should not shy away from those where they're appropriate); but nowhere should feel harmless or welcoming (unless it's in a cloying, "Yes, come in... and never leave!" sort of way). The ultimate goal would be to escape Crystal Lake.

On a side note, speaking of the Elder Scrolls (specifically, Oblivion), once I decided to make a Breton mage who looked like Dana Kimmel and name her Chris Higgins (not surprising behavior from me). What's funny is, after accidentally killing an ally in a skirmish, she wound up in the Dark Brotherhood. Y'know, where you're trained to be, in essence, a slasher. Then she got to face off against its final boss... you know, the one who keeps his dead mother's severed head in his basement and brings it "offerings" of the people he's picked off? That was great. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2024 12:23 am 
Camper

WitheredCarnation wrote:
*raises hand* I want a Friday the 13th video game!

I have a feeling I'm in the minority, but I'd prefer a game where you escape Jason to one where you are Jason. Mostly, I feel it'd be difficult to make a game where you are Jason challenging; not so much because he's indestructable as because he's so powerful. You'd have to start bringing in other superhumans for challenging bosses, and (again, I'm probably in the minority here) while a slasher free-for-all might be fun in the future, I want Jason's first next-gen video game to be all about him. :)

Therefore, in my dream escaping-from-Jason game, I'd like as big and as movie-accurate a Crystal Lake and outlying areas as is mechanically feasable. I definitely want the ability to visit the town proper (where we saw Annie in the first film), as well as Higgins Haven, Tommy's house and the nearby rental property, etc.

The character is designed by the player, Elder Scrolls style, and has the freedom to interact with the people at the various locations, buy things in town, (when s/he gets to them). This character went camping with his/her friends in Crystal Lake, but wakes up in the middle of the night to find them missing. In the introductory level, you'd find your friends' corpses in grisly repose, then be chased by Jason. Your character would get away (for now), but once they got into town, they'd find help surprisingly difficult to come by...

My biggest wish for the game is that it would be scary. A little freedom to explore and mess around would be okay, but I wouldn't want anything included that would detract from the fear factor. I think the townspeople should be mostly guarded, if not outright unfriendly; they're in terror, and they think you're aggrivating it, if not bringing it down on them. While the player shouldn't be "pushed," s/he should never really be comfortable, either. Also, atmosphere should be ratcheted up to the max. I don't mean every location you enter should be a blood-splattered rusting hell (although designers should not shy away from those where they're appropriate); but nowhere should feel harmless or welcoming (unless it's in a cloying, "Yes, come in... and never leave!" sort of way). The ultimate goal would be to escape Crystal Lake.

On a side note, speaking of the Elder Scrolls (specifically, Oblivion), once I decided to make a Breton mage who looked like Dana Kimmel and name her Chris Higgins (not surprising behavior from me). What's funny is, after accidentally killing an ally in a skirmish, she wound up in the Dark Brotherhood. Y'know, where you're trained to be, in essence, a slasher. Then she got to face off against its final boss... you know, the one who keeps his dead mother's severed head in his basement and brings it "offerings" of the people he's picked off? That was great. :lol:

This right here! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2024 1:54 am 
Camper

It be great to play the whole serise of Friday the 13th on video game. Im sure it would make a hell of alot of money & Jason & horror fans will go nut for this game. I know would go crazy for it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2024 2:25 am 
Camper

I'd rather play as Jason. The fodder would be biker gangs, campers, citizens, a city militia, federal agents, filmmakers, fugitives, newlyweds, paintball players, police officers, scuba divers, tourists, etc. And there would be movie-accurate locations too. The original campgrounds from FRIDAY THE 13TH, the country club from FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2, Higgins' Haven from FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3, the morgue from FRIDAY THE 13TH - THE FINAL CHAPTER, the graveyard from FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI - JASON LIVES, the Sheppard house from FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VII - THE NEW BLOOD, the cafe from JASON GOES TO HELL, and Crystal Lake Research Facility from JASON X. I didn't name any notable locations from FRIDAY THE 13TH PART V - A NEW BEGINNING because it seems to take place in Pennsylvania while the rest of the franchise takes place in New Jersey. I also didn't name any from FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VIII - JASON TAKES MANHATTAN because, apart from the houseboat at the beginning, there were none.

The story would only require you to kill those who harm you or put you in harm's way. You wouldn't have to kill anybody else unless you absolutely wanted to (that way it wouldn't be anymore controversial than the GRAND THEFT AUTO franchise). You would be able to wear different costumes that correspond with those in the movies and have the option to be fast and menacing or slow and intimidating. You would also be able to use any implement you could find to kill. There would be environmental killing methods too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2024 4:36 am 
Camper

i like the game to go through each sequel as far as the level goes... which is kinda what your saying there quinton...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2024 3:18 pm 
Camper

For an adaption of the films, if it would be okay to mess with the timeline a little, Jason's introductory level could be defeating Alice, but after that, the casts of 2, 3, and 4 would all be at their various locations (Ginny and co training, Chris and co vacationing, Tommy and co at their cabin and rental place) and Jason could go after them in any order he wanted. They could have established routines, go to town sometimes, stuff like that. Playing adaptions of the movies would also present another advantage: they could elaborate on the storylines, show us what Jason was doing (or let us decide ourselves what Jason was doing) while the events of the films were going on (although I wouldn't want them to get too crazy with the elaborations).

I'd like a frightful atmosphere and an accurate Crystal Lake either way, though.

Of course, for some more leisurely teen-killing, there's always this:

And you'll be fighting Camping Teenagers bare-handed for hours before you can even afford to buy a stick... (J/K)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2024 11:21 pm 
Camper

I thought of some cool environmental deaths. You could hang people, impale people on hooks, drown people in toxic waste, throw people into woodchippers, etc. You could also gather supplies and make traps with them like how certain weapon combinations made certain weapons in DEAD RISING 2.