It is currently Mon Jun 20, 2024 12:39 pm

Post subject: Fan Video Game
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2024 7:48 pm 
Camper

Hey guys, just wanted to share a thread about a project a friend of mine and I are working on. Its fan video game for PC and MAC based on our lovable misunderstood mama's boy. Here are a few WIP's I'd like to share with you.

This mesh is a place holder for now, we intend to have a variety of Jason's you can play as in our game.

This one is just showing off our attention to detail.

This is homage to the bikers from Part 3. If their is any interests I'll keep this post updated as we continue work on the game.

Post subject: Re: Fan Video Game
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2024 5:02 pm 
Camper

Look's awesome man, cant wait for more pics.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2024 4:14 pm 
Camper

aha awesome! What type of game play is it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2024 1:24 am 
Camper

Thanks for the kind words! Its a 3rd person hack and slash. You play as part 2 Jason and work your way threw the movies clear up to Jason X. Of course very short missions but it will still be a fun way to kill 4-5 hours :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2024 1:52 am 
Camper

I want to play it when your done.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2024 2:16 am 
Camper

very good idea for the game. be awesome to see that work. but might i sugest it starts with young Jason walking from the water then a short cinematic then intro to part 2 jason and there ya go. and power ups for new costumes and then swapping parts of costumes with each other would be great :D. sry i make games, we think of new things all the time in development.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2024 3:11 am 
Camper

Also can you use different weapons? Work your way up to Machete or have a stronger Machete.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2024 12:48 pm 
Camper

rubenvoorhees1 wrote:
very good idea for the game. be awesome to see that work. but might i sugest it starts with young Jason walking from the water then a short cinematic then intro to part 2 jason and there ya go. and power ups for new costumes and then swapping parts of costumes with each other would be great :D. sry i make games, we think of new things all the time in development.

We have something bigger in mind, hehe I don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet though, I want to make sure we can pull it off first.

Bradp56 wrote:
Also can you use different weapons? Work your way up to Machete or have a stronger Machete.

30+ weapons all melee style and projectiles as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2024 12:50 am 
Camper

Really looking forward to this game! :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2024 2:13 pm 
Camper

Man, I'd like to see this game came out! :)) Going through movies is a good idea, so way to go!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2024 9:17 pm 
Camper

You've got my interest! Like the look to it so far, can't wait for the updates.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2024 10:56 am 
Camper

I can't wait keep up the good work!

Through a Voorhees was he born... through a Voorhees may he be reborn... and only by the hands of a Voorhees will he die.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2024 11:45 am 
Camper

It's look really cool! I really would love to see my self playing this game in the near future. It's about to be a big hit once it out in the shops!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2024 4:22 pm 
Camper

martin-horror wrote:
It's about to be a big hit once it out in the shops!

No shops for us, its a free fan creation! :) As long as Warner doesn't treat us like Terror Dome, it will come out on Halloween at the Havoc Games website. :) We are keeping exposure on this project very low, we don't want to gain there attention until after its released lol. I apologize for lack of updates. We've been experimenting with porting what we already have done to Android and iOS devices. I think we can confidently say you can expect this game to come out on your mobile phones a few months after we release the game to the public. We have to make some minor changes to get the game to get a good frame rate but other then that its working flawless. Even though the game is free, the Apple App Store more then likely wont approve our graphic violent content lol but we will have it on the site for Jail Broken devices.

We've been hard at work all this time though, we are intent on making our Halloween commitment. The game features a really cool day night cycle with an awesome as hell weather system (imagine being Jason Voorhees and stalking campers in the middle of a thunder storm. It gives us goosebumps just playing the test demo's we've been making!) and the first camp level is turning out to be HUGE. We were going to follow the story lines of the movies, but with working full time jobs and such it was too much of project to take in, so we are loosely basing this first level on the first 4 films, so you will notice that we took government geographical height imaging for the terrain so the actual terrain is based on 10 square miles of actual Camp NoBeBoSco, and the lake is the actual size as it was in the films. So on the other side of the lake you will find Higgins Heaven complete with barn, and a little further down you will find the Tommy Jarvis residence, and threw out the Forrest you will run into wild animals, campers in tents, and all kinds of collectables to keep you entertained. Unlike the first game of just kill defenseless teenagers, this time they fight back, call the cops for help, and animals like bears and wolves will rip your fucking head off.

Here is a little bit of what we are working on right now:

She needs a bit of work before we can call her done, but everything is moving along nicely!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2024 12:23 am 
Camper

awesome!!! cant wait!