It is currently Sat Jul 02, 2024 12:42 pm

Post subject: Hatchet???
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2024 1:39 am 
Camper

A coworker suggested this as a decent movie to watch. Thoughts, Opinions?

Post subject: Re: Hatchet???
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2024 8:17 pm 
Camper

Hey there. I have just watched Hatchet, and the recent Hatchet II. In my opinion, like many films in horror, the original was better. Hatchet is a super fun low budget horror flick with surprisingly good characters, some recognizable faces (Kane Hodder, cameo by Robert Englund, Tony Todd) and insane, over the top gorefest kills. The dialogue is decent and there is a fair amount of humor and pop-culture references. Clearly some inspiration for Hatchet was taken from F13, as the killers backstory is semi-familiar, as well as paying respect to 80's horror in general. Most research will tell you that many fans were disappointed at the end of Hatchet, but the sequel picks up nicely and Part II takes off from the final frame of the original. The sequel also features Kane Hodder, Danielle Harris, Tony Todd and a small part with John Carl Buechler. Both movies are full of spraying blood, guts and dismembered bodies, the death scenes are merciless.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2024 12:46 am 
Camper

I love it, personally, that and the sequel both equally, although they have a low budget feel to them, the comedy and the gore is a perfect mix for a good time... the death scenes are soo brutal, its definitely a friday the 13th homage its just great fun, it came out at the best time, when everyone was doing remakes, and such, and it was fresh to have this movie out, although not really a full on original idea, its good to see guys like adam green, making there mark out there, and making original movies.... if you want a gorefest, and some regular cliche' slasher characters, you'll dig it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2024 12:01 am 
Camper

I have only seen the original, which I love. I don't get why so many fans would be against the ending? Anyway, well worth the watch. I can't wait to see the sequel.

He's back...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2024 12:52 am 
Camper

the sequel is much darker and much more serious then the first....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2024 3:31 pm 
Camper

I have not seen any of the Hatchet movies. What is it about? Are they any good to wach?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2024 6:48 am 
Camper

Hatchet I & II are great! I have both. The reason people would be mad because of the ending because it was so sudden. Definitely recommend these movies for sure. Also in Part II, Uncle Bob is the Director of Child's Play and the big biker dude played Leatherface in part of TCM3. They make me think of the Jason and his uncut kills from The New Blood, but evolved to today's standards and much, much more! Like I said before on a different thread, I think if given the chance Victor Crowley could be this generations Jason Voorhees. I'm not saying he would be better than Jason.. I'm just saying 20 years down the road, people won't be talking about Jason. Instead they would be talking about Victor Crowley! You may think it's just wishful thinking. I'm just saying with a strong enough fan base we could possibly see the next big slasher icon...

Favorite Hatchet II Quote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sMG9ehoTa4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2024 11:49 pm 
Camper

the hatchet movies, rock!! the 3rd one just got into production, martin the hatchet movies, are a big homage to the slasher films of the 80s, Kane hodder plays victor crowley, in the vain of jason, and the violence is so off the wall, its hilarious! They are good movies,to sit down with some friends, drink some beers, and have a good time and not take it seriously... they are very entertaining.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2024 1:41 am 
Camper

I haven't got the chance to watch them myself, but I've viewed clips on youtube. I'm up for anything Kane Hodder is in!

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/author/Kane/ My Blog Archives

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2024 2:50 am 
Camper

I think I better buy & watch all the Hatchet DVD's

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2024 2:52 am 
Camper

dont expect oscar winning performances, expect the most outrageous kills with comedy.... I think kanes performances in both hatchet 1 and 2..is better then his jason stuff, its different, and yeah he runs in the hatchet movies...hes a maniac on the verge of ripping people apart...watch them in order!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2024 3:01 am 
Camper

Thanks for the advice Sheriff_Garris buddy. I will watch all them in order.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2024 12:03 am 
Camper

Hatchet II fucking rules.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2024 2:33 am 
Camper

The first one was good fun, didn't take itself too seriously. The gore was brilliant. I'm going to see Hatchet II in Ireland tomorrow night at the IFI cinema in Dublin. So cool to see it on the big screen. It's going to be shown as a double bill with The Beyond, which i've never seen before. Not bad for €10 ($14) on the big screen me thinks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2024 9:38 pm 
Camper

Infinity Looper wrote:
The first one was good fun, didn't take itself too seriously. The gore was brilliant. I'm going to see Hatchet II in Ireland tomorrow night at the IFI cinema in Dublin. So cool to see it on the big screen. It's going to be shown as a double bill with The Beyond, which i've never seen before. Not bad for €10 ($14) on the big screen me thinks.

Right on dude! i wish i could of saw it at the theater, but it was banned immediately, weird thing is, SAW is more violent then hatchet 2...the MPAA just attacked the film, such a bummer..great movie enjoy!