It is currently Sat Jul 02, 2024 12:49 pm

Post subject: Kane Hodder play Michael Myers?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2024 11:07 am 
Camper

Hi fans. I think in future it be great some day Kane Hodder could play Michael Myers as well as Jason Voorhees! He would get double smast hits for both fans & Im big fan of both them as well as Freddy & Leatherface.

Last edited by martin-horror on Thu Mar 17, 2024 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Kane Hodder play Michael Myers?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2024 12:32 pm 
Camper

I seem to recall Kane Hodder being a contender for the Halloween 6 reshoots. Or something along those lines. I'm probably wrong but there is a Kane Hodder Michael Myers connection somewhere, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2024 12:37 pm 
Camper

I don't think Kane has the right build for Myers.

Through a Voorhees was he born... through a Voorhees may he be reborn... and only by the hands of a Voorhees will he die.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2024 4:50 pm 
Camper

I dont think he has either, Myers is tall and kinder slim built, no offence too Hooder!! But hes too ahh......wide...god hope that doesnt sound horrible!
But i hope you get what i mean!? :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2024 6:10 pm 
Camper

I think Kane said in an interview that he hoped to play Myers in the Halloween remake because he had worked with Zombie as stunt co-ordinator on The Devil's Rejects.

I'm sure he would have done a fine job, but you know the hard-core Halloween fans would be pissed and complain that he shouldn't be Myers simply because he played Jason.
I remember a lot of people on the OHMB complaining about the idea.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2024 10:43 pm 
Camper

Kane could really adapt to it. Then again, his build is different, since he's jacked to say the least. I can see him taking on another silent killer, though. Of course, he needs to take a different approach, but he'd know that, I have no doubts.

Halloween fans should be glad that a seasoned horror actor might take on Michael. "Just because he played Jason" is a lame ass excuse.

Anyways, I can also see him doing Leatherface as well, I can see him bringing some needed rage into the role. Then again, to see Kane play any horror icon nowadays would be a dream come true.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2024 12:46 am 
Camper

Kane played Leatherface in parts of TCM 3.
R.A. Mihailoff was hired to do the acting scenes as Leatherface, but Kane did all of the stunts which includes all of the attacks with the saw so he got a lot of screen time in character.
Aso, little trivia here, Kane said it was his arm in the Freddy sweater and glove at the end of Jason Goes to Hell when Jason's mask gets pulled underground. So he's played Freddy's arm as well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2024 12:51 pm 
Camper

I think he would make a good Leatherface! He has the perfect body size and height.
But yes i agree, as long as someone players Myers, it doesnt matter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2024 7:53 pm 
Camper

Voorhees Jason wrote:
I don't think Kane has the right build for Myers.

I agree. He doesn't have the right Myers build.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2024 7:54 pm 
Camper

rick wrote:
Kane played Leatherface in parts of TCM 3.
R.A. Mihailoff was hired to do the acting scenes as Leatherface, but Kane did all of the stunts which includes all of the attacks with the saw so he got a lot of screen time in character.
Aso, little trivia here, Kane said it was his arm in the Freddy sweater and glove at the end of Jason Goes to Hell when Jason's mask gets pulled underground. So he's played Freddy's arm as well.

That's interesting that he played Leatherface. I have to check the film out again :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2024 9:19 pm 
Camper

Sorry guys, but I have to disagree on one thing. Kane Hodder does have the right build to play Michael Myers. If we are talking about before the Zombie Halloween films, then yes, I think Hodder could pull it off. I've never understood Michael Myers being a giant 6'8, but I do see him around the 6'3 height, which is about where Hodder is. And also I think Hodder would do a good job playing Leatherface, although I have taken a liking to Andrew Bryniarski's performance as the chainsaw wielding maniac. Leatherface is the only slasher I can picture as a really big guy.

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/author/Kane/ My Blog Archives

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2024 1:23 pm 
Camper

Yes Kane dose have the right build to play the part of Michael Myers. After I watch Friday the 13th part 7 & Jason X I think he has got what it's takes. The guy who plays Michael Myers in the remake of Halloween did a great job but Kane would also do a great job of playing Michael Myers in the follow ups to original series. I hope they do make some follow up to the original Halloween series soon.

Last edited by martin-horror on Thu Mar 17, 2024 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2024 2:02 am 
Camper

i dont think kane would be a good myers at all, myers look is tall and skinny, not tall and thick... the tall/skinny look is what actually makes him frightening...kane is alot of peoples choices, i think he's giving a little too much credit, although he rocks at victor crowley, hes now doing all these acting roles, have you seen his movie ED GEIN...and BTK? jeez, stick with stuntwork kane... i respect him though, i just dont think he would be a good myers...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2024 6:11 pm 
Camper

Tom Morga, who played Voorhees in Tommy Jarvis' hallucinations in "Part V: A New Beginning", also played Myers at the beginning of "Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers." Dick Warlock played Myers the remainder of the film.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2024 6:52 pm 
Camper

Wow I did not know that.

Last edited by martin-horror on Thu Mar 17, 2024 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.