It is currently Sat Jul 02, 2024 12:27 pm

Post subject: Leatherface 3-D
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2024 6:50 pm 
Camper

In a bizzare twist, It seems as if the powers that be are going to make a direct sequel to the original TCM film. This is a strangely odd move, as the film series has already been rebooted. If this is pulled off, I believe this will be the first major horror film that has a direct sequel to the original film made AFTER the film itself has been rebooted. Keep in mind that this was the first of many major horror films from the '70s and '80s to be rebooted in the 2024's.

I personally would enjoy seeing Gunnar Hansen return to the role, he himself is apparently opened to returning, as he was the first one approached to do the reboot, but declined!

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/author/Kane/ My Blog Archives

Post subject: Re: Leatherface 3-D
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2024 11:03 pm 
Camper

I would like to see Gunner Hensen play the role again of Leatherface. I like there original serise as much as the remake.

Last edited by martin-horror on Thu Mar 17, 2024 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2024 11:19 pm 
Camper

In my opinion, the original Leatherface had more of a realistic character about him, simply because he was actually mentally retarded, where in the remake he was just a pure psychopath.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2024 11:30 pm 
Camper

Yes I agree but the original & the remake both Leatherfaces are simpley cool.

Last edited by martin-horror on Thu Mar 17, 2024 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2024 11:54 pm 
Camper

The only version of Leatherface that I didn't enjoy was the one in TCM The Next Generation.....They took the whole transvestite thing a little too far over in my opinion. But I will say this much, if you see Leatherface as nothing but mentally retarded, then the original film plays that one out really well, but if you see Leatherface as a menacing predator, then the remake films are what I suggest. Either way I love both versions. I really think the people behind the remake films done a good job of retelling the legend of Leatherface.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2024 12:05 am 
Camper

The Texas Chainsaw Massacare 2 & the next Generation are the worst in The Texas Chainsaw Massacare serise.

Last edited by martin-horror on Thu Mar 17, 2024 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2024 1:51 am 
Camper

for all you jason goes to hell haters, Leatherface 3D is going to be directed by Adam Marcus...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2024 2:15 am 
Camper

Yep...that's the only thing that worries me! I believe I talked about this in another thread, about using directors from other horror films!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2024 3:58 am 
Camper

Kane wrote:
In a bizzare twist, It seems as if the powers that be are going to make a direct sequel to the original TCM film. This is a strangely odd move, as the film series has already been rebooted. If this is pulled off, I believe this will be the first major horror film that has a direct sequel to the original film made AFTER the film itself has been rebooted. Keep in mind that this was the first of many major horror films from the '70s and '80s to be rebooted in the 2024's.

I personally would enjoy seeing Gunnar Hansen return to the role, he himself is apparently opened to returning, as he was the first one approached to do the reboot, but declined!

Well really this will be the 2nd time they would make a direct sequel to another original horror series, Godzilla was the 1st that did a sequel to the original way back in 1984 and ignore all the other Godzilla sequels in between from 1955 to 1975. But yeah this is the 1st time for hollywood trying to make a new sequel to the original TCM and I hope they pull it off!

Last edited by Tlyon2 on Sat Mar 12, 2024 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2024 5:22 am 
Camper

Kane wrote:
Yep...that's the only thing that worries me! I believe I talked about this in another thread, about using directors from other horror films!

I do like adam marcus's directing skills tho, hes not at complete fault for what fans call the mess of JGTH, go to the JGTH section , i got a big article on there....

I like jgth, but i dont think hes gonna make leatherface body hop...that was an experiment that failed with the fans (not me, i love jason goes to hell alot)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2024 7:33 pm 
Camper

I'm not really a critic of JGTH, the movie is was enjoyable for me, but there were a few things I didn't like, such as the whole "and only by the hands of a Voorhees will he truly die" thing. IMO, Jason is just indestructible!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2024 10:21 pm 
Camper

I dont hate Jason Goes To Hell but it's not my favorite Jason movie but I do watch it time to time in a matter of fact I watch it 3 time this week. I look forward in seeing the new Texas Chainsaw Massacare sequel & I dont care if it Adam Marcus that directs the movie & im sure he will do a good job at making the movie just like he did with Jason Goes To Hell.

Last edited by martin-horror on Thu Mar 17, 2024 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2024 11:53 pm 
Camper

I agree I don't think it was solely on Adam Marcus about what happened with JGTH. That was simply New Line's way of welcoming their former competition into their house. Of course they're going to want to include the final scene where Freddy's hand pulls Jason's mask into the ground. That was Freddy Krueger once again saying, "Welcome to my world, bitch!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2024 12:36 am 
Camper

Kane wrote:
I agree I don't think it was solely on Adam Marcus about what happened with JGTH. That was simply New Line's way of welcoming their former competition into their house. Of course they're going to want to include the final scene where Freddy's hand pulls Jason's mask into the ground. That was Freddy Krueger once again saying, "Welcome to my world, bitch!"

:lol: :lol: very true...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2024 1:03 am 
Camper

I know many people here might not be fans of the 'Saw' franchise, but for keeping up a successful franchise such as that one, I'm beginning to think they might be able to take 'Leatherface' to a whole new level.

Me personally, I think Platinum Dunes screwed it up by setting the film in the '70s. Of course that's when the original took place, but that's also the same time frame the original was filmed too. I think if they had set the remake in the present day, rather than the '70s, then we could have got to see a more modern version of Leatherface. I mean any film they're going to make in the present now that serves as a sequel to either the original or remake, Leatherface is going to be too damn old to wield a chainsaw around, or he's only going to have one arm to do it with if they follow the remake.

My dad died at 66, and I'm sure Leatherface is about the same age as Gunnar Hansen, who in turn is only about two years younger than my dad. And if you've operated a chainsaw before, then you will know that those things aren't toys, if you don't have a really firm grip on them, you can risk cutting your own leg off. I sometimes get nervous when I have to use one. My point being that as you age and your more prone to arthritis, then its going to be hard for you to use a chainsaw. And this new film supposedly takes place in the present day nearly 40 years after the events of the original film!

Do you want a very aging Leatherface or do you want a fresh man in his prime ? Now would be a good time to discuss this!