It is currently Sat Jul 02, 2024 12:27 pm

Post subject: Re: Leatherface 3-D
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2024 1:54 pm 
Camper

Hey Kane buddy im sorry about your dad. Well old or younger Leatherface dose not matter to me just as long the movie is made the right way. Im a fan of the SAW movies & the people that made the SAW movies could also do a good job at making sequels to the Texas Chainsaw Massacare & of course Friday the 13th movies. Adam Macus I think could make this movie work very well. Well it could be worst if Rob Zombie was to direct the new Leatherface movie.

Last edited by martin-horror on Thu Mar 17, 2024 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2024 11:19 pm 
Camper

Thank you for your condolences!

And you have to take into consideration the type of chainsaw they want to use for this film. Do they want to use a medium sized 14 inch blade like in the original, or do they want to use a large 36 inch blade, like they used in TCM 3 and the remake movies. Being as old as he would be, I don't see Leatherface being able to handle a 36 inch saw, I've handled 14 inches before and like I said those have to be handled with an extremely firm grip. I'd pretty much hate to have to use a 36 inch saw.

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/author/Kane/ My Blog Archives

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2024 11:39 pm 
Camper

Well I think we just have to wait & see untill the movie comes out & see what size chainsaw. Im sure it will be a medium size to a large size chainsaw. But if it is a large chainsaw it will be a stunt man will be doing most of the acts with the chainsaw. The original was a small chainsaw & the movie was still great.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2024 2:06 am 
Camper

I believe the saw used in the original film was a 306a, but I'm not sure what the size of the bar was. I think its funny that the model of chainsaw used in the remake and prequel weren't produced until 1996, where the remake and prequel took place between 1969 and 1973. But I guess they needed a big enough saw to introduce the shock value. I still say the Stihl 066 Magnum custom made chainsaw used in Leatherface: TCM 3 was the best of all of Leatherface's saws. That saw had a custom made bar fitted it for it and was sent to a dealer in CA to have it chromed out. I would sure like to know whatever happened to that chainsaw. I bet its worth alot of money today.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2024 9:45 pm 
Camper

Yes the chainsaw in Leatherface The Texas Chainsaw Massacare 3 very cool & of coruse it is the best chainsaw out of all the chainsaw movies. I would like very much to see Leatherface useing that chainsaw again in a sequel.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2024 11:24 pm 
Camper

martin-horror wrote:
Yes the chainsaw in Leatherface The Texas Chainsaw Massacare 3 very cool & of coruse it is the best chainsaw out of all the chainsaw movies. I would like very much to see Leatherface useing that chainsaw again in a sequel.

That all depends on whether or not Tobe Hooper decides to follow up on Parts 2 & 3, or to just simply ignore them. Part 2 was the actual follow up sequel, like it or not, it was what Tobe Hooper wanted and TCM 3 was a sequel too, but I believe it also existed in its own continuity, but some see it as a quasi-remake. We can all agree that THE NEXT GENERATION was a film that featured a chainsaw chase, but no chainsaw kill, a "character" that wore an awful looking mask and had in the title 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre', but we all know it wasn't that. Actually, that film is a remake, which means TCM has been remade twice.

But since this new film, Leatherface 3-D, is supposedly about a relative who encounters leatherface nearly 30 years after the events of "the earlier films", one can imagine that it would indeed follow TCM 2 & 3. Then again, we don't know enough about the project to have a definite answer, so everything is up for speculation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2024 12:40 am 
Camper

Well I hope all the best for the new Texas Chainsaw Massacare to get made & I look forward in to seeing it in the cinema

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2024 1:03 am 
Camper

Me too I've always been a die hard TCM fan. Aside from Slaughter High, I don't think there's ever been a movie that scared me more!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2024 3:22 pm 
Camper

The only one true movie that has ever scared me was the original Halloween. I did not see the original Texas Chainsaw Massacare in till I was 15 years old as it was banned here in the UK in till it came back from the banned in the year 2024!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2024 9:03 pm 
Camper

I've also heard rumors that this new film might end up being a remake that is set in the present day. I'm actually hoping that it is a sequel. The one thing that is pretty much set in stone, is that this new film WILL NOT follow Platinum Dunes versions. Twisted Pictures now has the rights to the film and they will make it their way. I'm actually impressed with Twisted Pictures, so this film might turn out to be good regardless!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2024 1:14 am 
Camper

Well im always up to see a new Texas Cainsaw Massacare movie as soon as it comes out in cinema. Who knows maybe Twisted pictures might do a real great job at making the movie & maybe it also might be best if twisted pictures takes over the Jason franchise.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2024 11:16 pm 
Camper

I don't think 3D is the right medium for a Texas Chain Saw Massacre flick. Stick to the gritty roots of the original. That's what made it work, and none of the sub-sequent follow-ups ever came close to succeeding. The remake is the only other one in the series that I can tolerate.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2024 1:14 am 
Camper

There's more advancement available today, compared to what there was when the original film was made. I think, despite whatever others opinions are, that TCM 2 was a good sequel. Now before any of you get your pannies in a waud, let me explain that out of all the films, part 2 followed more closer to the original storyline. Yes it more of a comedy but that's because it was a 'horror comedy' intended on exploring the comical aspects that was overlooked in the original film. That was quoted from Tobe Hooper himself. Yes Leatherface had a crush on one of his victims. Keep in mind that Leatherface is actually mentally handicapped. He's just as afraid of his victims, as they are of him. When an attractive woman hits the right spot in terms of pursuasiveness, then it is only normal that a mentally handicapped person will form some kind of attachment, as Leatherface did with Stretch.

Also, Lefty is the uncle to Sally and Franklin Hardesty, thus making the connection between the two films. After the events of the first film, Franklin or the other friends were never seen again. Sally gave out a brief detail about the events and then sank into a catatonic state. That leaves Lefty to avenge his loved ones. The Hitchhiker is revealed to have a twin brother known only as Chop-Top, who was absent during the events of the first film. The Cook, also known as Drayton Sawyer reappears in this film.

Now, while I don't feel a sense of connection with the other films, these first two really stick out. Of course the second is opposite of the original film. What do you expect, its the sequel! Now I am looking forwards to seeing a sequel that follows the events of part 2, but only returning to its darker roots.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2024 12:39 am 
Camper

I would love to see Leatherface 3-D in the new Texas Chainsaw Massacare movie. Im ready for it now!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2024 11:09 pm 
Camper

I hope it goes along with the original series (1-3) as opposed to being another remake. Yet, they have the right idea of going back to what made the original great. Although 3D may ruin that feeling a little. Though, when used correctly, it can add depth to the movie, and make the viewer more involved. On the other hand, you can have stuff flying at you and dozens of jump scares (probably more fit for a TCM2-style sequel).

Gunnar Hansen being on board would be a dream come true. He could make you scared one minute, and then feel bad for him the next. He IS Leatherface.

I'd like to see more of Chop Top after the cancelled All-American Massacre put him in jail (that would explain his absence in the sequel). It's safe to assume that Grandpa's finally dead, but who knows with that guy. Maybe he'll finally be with Grandma (and/or Great Grandma).

The 18-inch chainsaw seems best for a more realistic a approach, maybe even a replica of the original.