It is currently Sat Jul 02, 2024 11:39 am

Post subject: What to look for in the TBD sequel....Ideas and suggestions?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2024 5:00 am 
Camper

We've been hinted by the idea of a scene or two featuring a winter setting, what kind of story could you predict for the sequel?

MY TAKE: Considering the ending of the first film was no dream sequence and Jason finally kills the last two remaining survivors and their bodies are never found leading authorities to believe that Clay and Whitney were involved with the most recent disappearances and murders and Jason Voorhees remains an urban legend, all but to the town of course.

The new film would theoretically involve a group of people buying Camp Crystal Lake and looking to renovate, while being systematically being slaughtered over night leaving it just down to one survivor and Jason himself.

You're all free to have your own take of the project, this was just mine!

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/author/Kane/ My Blog Archives

Post subject: Re: What to look for in the TBD sequel....Ideas and suggesti
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2024 9:10 am 
Camper

Love the idea of Crystal Lake in the dead of winter. We have Jason drag a few bloody bodies through snow sounds perfect.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2024 2:32 pm 
Camper

I like the idea of camp renovation, Kane.

Given the way the local police and townspeople treated Clay when he started digging, if the new film is a direct sequel to it, maybe it could begin with a hitchhiker on her way to, say, Maine. She's not having any luck getting cars to stop, so she tries to take a shortcut through the woods near the camp is chased by Jason. She escapes and makes it to town, but recieves a cold welcome when she tries to tell the locals what happened. One guy (maybe a young cop?) and his friends believe her and try to help her, and then the bloodbath starts...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2024 5:14 pm 
Camper

I want the whole film to take place in the winter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2024 7:11 pm 
Camper

If they make a sequel to the reboot then i just hope they focus on the town,be it crystal lake ,wessex county whatever.just make it like jasons a legend around the place,with little nods to parts 2,3, and 4 like say the jarvis's live up there or mrs voorhees killed 6 4 years ago.But most of all i just want it now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2024 2:40 am 
Camper

I like the idea having a little (and I mean just a little) bit of mingling with the town people to start things off, but Jason isn't in town he's in the forest that surrounds the lake. That should be where most of the scenes should be.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2024 1:52 am 
Camper

it would be kinda neat to start where it left off from jason x. researchers diving in the lake where jason's mask fell into find it and bring it back to the lab, using reconbinant dna and such techniques they rebuild a new jason who begins his bloody rampage, because the researchers kept additional tissue samples found in the mask and they actually had smarts to record the work they were doing some different scientists create another jason but he is controlled due to manipulation of the thought process jason has and begins to hunt himself. it would also be neat if jason would have access to weapons such as some of those similiar used in blade trinity for killing more deserving people

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2024 7:29 am 
Camper

I want a winter movie but also would like to see more of the original Pamela rampage, as well as more of young Jason running around the forest.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2024 7:52 pm 
Camper

I think a winter setting would be cool.Maybe have some hikers get snowed in and have to sit out the weather,taking refuge in an old abandoned camp.Throw some hunters in the mix and maybe a new logging camp close by,could make for some intersting kills.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2024 7:23 am 
Camper

Curious to whether you guys want Derek Mears back or another actor. I think he did a good job and should be back but will accept whatever gets the movie made.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2024 2:15 pm 
Camper

I've never disliked anyone in the roll, but some were better then others.
Derek did great, Jason was awesome again so I definitely hopes he'd get the offer and his schedule would allow it.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2024 5:17 am 
Camper

Personally I would love to see Jason doing his work in the snow. But I could see it only being snow covered for a scene or two only because...well this would have to be looked at from a logical stand point and yes I know movies are from logical, but still I think that if Jason were to drag the bodies threw the snow it would create blood trails... now obviously blood trails would lead whom ever was stupid enough to follow them directly to Jason. Although if they picked up from the last film he would still have the series of underground tunnels (btw that was the stupidest idea ever, it turned this larger than life iconic serial killer into what seems to be a mortal man) which would technicaly cause a break in the trail of blood because the snow wouldn't be inside the tunnels there for it would be harder to notice the blood. Over all as much as we would love to see the "winter" camp crystal lake come to the big screen I could only see it happening for a short few scenes or perhaps a dream sequence involving his dad...that would be a good idea.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2024 7:26 pm 
Camper

Well techniucally there should be massive blood trails anytime jason kills someone and moves the body.
The amount of blood loss in horror flicks is nothing compared to reality.
There should be pools of it and very obvious trails.
As for the tunnels, part if the point of the reboot was to take Jason back to basics. A man in the woods, not a supernatural monster.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2024 11:18 am 
Camper

How about a "Crazy Ralph" type?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2024 12:11 am 
Camper

We only got to see small display of Jason's strength in the reboot, but I would find it interesting to see Jason take on a seasoned MMA fighter in a sequel. We seen him take on a someone with boxing experience in the original series, so why not take it to the next level ?