- When the men are digging up Jason's body in Tommy's dream, the coffin
is actually at ground level with dirt piled on it.
- EXPLANATION - Tommy's unconscious is saying that
Jason is not buried far from the surface of his mind.
- Also in Tommy's dream, when Jason holds up his machete he has clean and
perfect fingernails when he has been buried in the ground for some time - and
when he had nasty black fingernails when Tommy met him in Final Chapter.
- Before Joey's death, the chocolate on his face changes from shot to shot.
- In the police car that Vic is in there is no screen separating the back of the
police car from the front.
- EXPLANATION - County cop cars rarely have the screen separating them, unless they
are in a big city, which they are not in this movie.
- Lana smears bright red lipstick on her upper right lip but when she turns to see what
made the noise in the diner, it is pressed and perfect-looking.
- In the diner, the cat is obviously thrown in front of Lana's face, and thrown against the booth cushion.
- The sound that startles Lana is of breaking plates, but when she finds
the cat it's sniffing at some pots on the ground. What actually broke?
- When Roy hits Lana outside the diner with the axe, he swings
horizontally, yet in the shot of her lying on the ground, the axe is
sticking in her vertically.
- When Tommy looks out the window and sees Jason, the chickens in the
background disappear and reappear.
- EXPLANATION - Jason is a hallucination. Tommy doesn't see the chickens
when he's hallucinating.
- When Tommy attacked Eddie at breakfast, he was pounding him in the chest and stomach after smashing him on a table. But later when Eddie has his shirt off, there are no bruises or scrapes on him at all.
- When Tina is lying on her back in the woods, a point is made as to how
peaceful and quiet it is with birds chirping and the wind blowing. Then when
she closes her eyes, Roy approaches to kill her and yet there is not a single
twig breaking or even a leaf rustling. Roy could not have been that stealthy.
- Eddie was a ways off, but it is still hard to believe that he did not hear Tina screaming from being killed, considering how quiet everything else was in the forest.
- When Eddie gets his head crushed by the leather strap, it appears that at the very
end before it snaps that Roy is turning the stick in the opposite direction.
- When Tommy, Pam, and Reggie are going to see Demon they pass the same
rocks several times.
- When Demon is taking a dump in the outhouse, his pants are only unzipped
but not pulled down.
- When Demon finds Anita's body, you can see the pulse in her throat.
- When Ethel is making the stew right before Junior is killed, the level of
soup changes depending on whether the shot is in front of her or behind her.
- The movie Jake and Robin are watching, "A Place in The Sun" does not end with
Montgomery Clift carrying Shelly Winters off like that. The scene in the
boat that they are watching is almost an hour from the end, yet the movie
ends right after Jake dies.
- When Reggie finds the bodies in Tommy's room, Violet is first propped against
the wall and then in the second shot she is lying down.
- When Pam runs through the woods, her sweater magically
disappears and re-appears in shots later.
- After Reggie's grandfather flies through the window
his head position is one way and then two shots later the head
has turned to the left slightly.
- In the close-up shots of Reggie driving the bulldozer you can clearly see
his face, but in the wide shots Reggie's entire face is completely covered by his red hood. (We assume to cover up the stunt actor who was actually driving.)
- When Reggie hits Roy with the tractor, the wound/cut appears on his chest
only after he has hit the ground. It is most obvious when he is flying back and
the headlight from the tractor shows his undamaged suit.
- When Roy was searching in the barn for Pam and Reggie, he
opened the door of the shed, and Pam came out with the chainsaw
blazing. Chainsaws need to be revved with a cord, which would have made a sound before he found her.
- When Reggie pushed Roy out of the barn loft, what did he hold on to in order
to reach back and grab them again? The barn was flat all the way down, and there was no
foothold or ledge for him to logically hang on to.
- When Tommy swings to chop off Roy's arm, you can see that he is not
actually holding a machete in his hand.
- When the cop is explaining to Pam that Roy is the killer, he shows her some
newspaper clippings. One of them has a photograph of Jason with his hockey mask on.
What brave photographer took that picture?
- Where did Tommy get that kitchen knife at the end in the hospital?
- EXPLANATION - The entire end sequence is a dream or hallucination of Tommy's.
- This movie has some of the cleanest weapons! Places where blood was
missing from weapons:
There is no blood on the cleaver after decapitating Junior and then using it on Ethel.
When the cleaver is pulled from Ethelís head, it is clean.
When Violet is stabbed, the machete that is pulled out is also clean.
- The hockey mask featured on the cover of the US video release looks nothing like the masks that are actually in the movie.