It is currently Mon Jun 20, 2024 10:59 am

Post subject: Freddy Krueger vs Jason Voorhees.. 1988???
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2024 5:39 am 
Camper

Okay, I just want to start out by saying that I've always been a fan of The New Blood. One of my first memories of the Friday's is Jason walking up those stairs and also of course his final unmasking. Now with that being said I would gladly forget all about the New Blood to see the original idea for this movie be filmed. As you all know Carrie vs Jason was suppose to be Freddy vs Jason but some important people couldn't come to an agreement so instead we got the new blood. I know I'm not alone when I say I wish I could have got to see Krueger vs Voorhees in their prime. I just want to see a totally different story! Even though Jason did almost all the kills in FvJ, it just felt too much like just another Freddy movie. All the story seems to revolve around Freddy with Jason just thrown into the bring back the fear in Springwood. The only thing I would keep from FvJ would be the bed scene, but instead I would make the kill more like Sandra and Jeff's kill from Part II. Instead of an arrow though, I would stay with the machete and I would keep the bed smash also. I think two people getting crushed like that could be really sweet. I'd also keep the uncut sleeping bag kill too because it's just so classic Zombie Jason.

Then I would do an idea that would tie Jason and Freddy's past together without really changing up their back stories too much. It would really only impact Jason's story. It would be revealed that Freddy had been to Crystal Lake before he became the Springwood Slasher. Of course he would be a camp counselor or one of the kids...I don't know if he would have been young enough or not...when Jason Voorhees went to camp and Pamela was the cook. Before it's all over it could be revealed that Freddy had been the reason Jason drowned and Jason was his first victim or something..... I know this idea isn't that good but I think it could be interesting

Then I want to basically keep the same exact look they had for Jason in Part 7, it was perfect. Then when Freddy and Jason have their final showdown the mask can be destroyed and these two titans of horror can finally fight face to face. I think that would be a really crazy fight.

Of course I would add things like Westin Hills and other things for Freddy. Then the big finale. We go old school for the finish. The main characters love interest is slaughtered and after the FvJ Final Showdown I would have the Final Girl just go totally crazy! After all I'm pretty sure I would lose it if I saw Jason Voorhees & Freddy Krueger kill my friends.. I'm just saying. Just a few ideas

Post subject: Re: Freddy Krueger vs Jason Voorhees.. 1988???
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2024 5:51 am 
Camper

I agree, I think this would have been the best time to have a Freddy Vs Jason movie.....right when it was supposed to happen!

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/author/Kane/ My Blog Archives

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2024 7:22 am 
Camper

I know, right! Then they went on with the series and both series lost their strongest characters like Tommy and Kristin. Then by the time FvJ came around they just had to just think up a whole bunch of random new kids. I think that really hurt the movie. Freddy and Jason are very important to their series, but so are the Survivors! Tommy & Megan, Ginny, Chris, Trish, Kirsten. I think if they would have made it back then they could have brought in some old faces, but as the years went by they totally lost their chance. I'm positive some of the older survivors along with some new blood would have made a much better movie. No Doubt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2024 3:00 am 
Camper

Agree with all of you!!! I dont like the fvj version that we got...jason was basically in the background,and played as a slow dumb moron...it felt more of a elm street movie then a jason movie.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2024 5:38 pm 
Camper

While I like Freddy vs. Jason, I wish they would've done it back in '88. Freddy was at his prime and Jason was pretty well-known buy this time. Would've been sweet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2024 1:24 am 
Camper

It would of have been better for a Freddy vs Jason to be made in the 80's as it was a strong golden age for horror.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2024 3:05 am 
Camper

I've always loved Friday the 13th movies, he's my favorite of the big 3 and deserves to be the king of the 80s horror IMO. I've never really been a fan of Nightmare on Elm Street or Freddy, but having said that FvsJ had to focus on Freddy.
Friday the 13th has always been "kids go into the woods, Jason kills kids."
That's it.
Elm St films have always had more to them so it was natural the film's story would centre more on Freddy then Jason. Feeling that Jason was just there to kill the cast is everything the Friday the 13th series has ever been about. We got Jason doing exactly what he's always done.
Infact, I'd say FvsJ reminding us that Jason does what he does to avenge his mother gave more story to Jason then we have seen in the original series since part 2.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2024 3:27 am 
Camper

True!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2024 5:34 pm 
Camper

rick wrote:
I've always loved Friday the 13th movies, he's my favorite of the big 3 and deserves to be the king of the 80s horror IMO. I've never really been a fan of Nightmare on Elm Street or Freddy, but having said that FvsJ had to focus on Freddy.
Friday the 13th has always been "kids go into the woods, Jason kills kids."
That's it.
Elm St films have always had more to them so it was natural the film's story would centre more on Freddy then Jason. Feeling that Jason was just there to kill the cast is everything the Friday the 13th series has ever been about. We got Jason doing exactly what he's always done.
Infact, I'd say FvsJ reminding us that Jason does what he does to avenge his mother gave more story to Jason then we have seen in the original series since part 2.

rick says a lot of great stuff for a guy whose eyeball is prone to pop out his head when squeezed!

I've said this for years. Friday filsm tend to be plot-light, NOES tend to be more plot-based. And you need a story to brign them tgoether? No kidding it's going to have a NOES style-plot! But Jason has his back story and past explored and does his thing bets, claiming almost all the films kills!

- Scarecrow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2024 8:29 pm 
Camper

Ouch!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2024 8:50 pm 
Camper

Some say the same about the Simpsons movie, which they say it could've been so much bigger if it was released earlier. I personally don't think it mattered, though on the contrary for Freddy Vs. Jason, I think time HELPED it. We were all expecting it (some had given up hope), but it certainly had a large effect. Freddy and Jason are still probably the biggest horror icons, so it wouldn't really make a difference had it been released earlier. Plus, the promotion was phenominal.

Had it been released back then, the effects wouldn't be on the same level, and I definately don't think we'd see the same finale. Though FvJ overused the CGI a bit, so it'd be nice to see some more realistic effects (though keep in mind censors would be more limited back then).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2024 7:17 pm 
Camper

Something I would have liked to see was Freddy killing someone that Jason was about to kill. We saw the opposite when Jason killed that girl. I think it would be cool to see Jason's reaction to someone just dying in front of him without him doing a thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2024 6:08 am 
Camper

i too would have loved to see the VS when it was ment to happen..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2024 11:56 pm 
Camper

If they filmed Freddy VS Jason Crystal Lake scenes, at the same location as the first movie.. even showed Crystal Lake town where Annie walked under that tunnel at the beginning... NOW that would have been alot better, and even if Chris Higgins, Reggie the Reckless, Trish Jarvis or Ted from PART 2, came back to help stop Jason, that would have been amazing... Imagine that?

Ted from PART 2, he's now an old-ish fisherman, working for company who wants to tear down the camp forever and replace with a fishing resort, he now drives Jeff's old truck and he's been wanting to get revenge on Jason ever since he killed his friends all those years ago. He thinks that taking away Crystal Lake will stop the 'curse' and like a ghost, Jason will just disapear....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2024 6:49 am 
Camper

I love it callum.. thats using the franchise to its full degree.. I watched the dvd "his name was jason", and many of the past heroines/ some hero's - said what a blast it would be to come back and face jason.. again.. To the die-hard fans of the series- that would be absolute heaven.

It would take some great script writing to get them back, but oh, what a showdown... tommy jarvis, older, bitter and still a bit twisted taking the ol boy on one more time.. love it!!