It is currently Sat Jul 02, 2024 11:40 am

Post subject: what's with the blonde girl????
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2024 7:33 pm 
Camper

Hey guys, i would love some feedback on a question I've pondered since 1986..(i know way too much time on my hands)
So i want to hear your thoughts on jason's fascination with the little blonde girl in the cabin.. What was it all about? Would he have harmed her?

I doubt he would have- but why did the director focus in on it.. A great film- my personal favourite - friday 13th part VI jason lives..

Post subject: Re: what's with the blonde girl????
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2024 10:03 pm 
Camper

I felt the little girl was a symbol of innocence, Jason was never a dark hearted evil monster (Jason Goes to Hell :oops:) so I thought throwing an innocent girl like her in front of Jason during his rampage was a nice touch, the fact he didn't attack her and stared at her for awhile like he did for Tommy Jarvis when he dressed up as little Jason on the Final Chapter, it kinda lost Jason in the momment. I also thought he walked into that cabin because that was the same one he stayed in when he was younger, up until his final night as a child.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2024 12:14 pm 
Camper

Callum Sanderson wrote:
I felt the little girl was a symbol of innocence, Jason was never a dark hearted evil monster (Jason Goes to Hell :oops:) so I thought throwing an innocent girl like her in front of Jason during his rampage was a nice touch, the fact he didn't attack her and stared at her for awhile like he did for Tommy Jarvis when he dressed up as little Jason on the Final Chapter, it kinda lost Jason in the momment. I also thought he walked into that cabin because that was the same one he stayed in when he was younger, up until his final night as a child.

^^^
This! Plus, I've always maintained(like many other fans I assume) that Jason is something of a 'manchild', trapped in the body of a monster. In the children he sees himself and his last 'happy' memories, so the idea of harming them never enters his mind. I used to think the same was applicable to Michael Myers, but his character evolved differently, becoming more maniacal as the sequels went by. However, I like Jason's lack of evolution. No matter the sequel, Jason is still that same child who 'died' at the bottom of Crystal Lake.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2024 8:35 pm 
Camper

great points guys.. I reckon your both on the money, jason was fascinated by the girl, a "what might have been" scenario. Leatherface in the original- was also a frightened child.. but i dare say he could'nt relate- he viewed people as a food source, nothing else. Still it gets me though, people saying jason was a "zombie" in this film- when he clearly as u guys suggest- was showing emotions that were previously "untapped"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2024 11:15 pm 
Camper

back when part 7 came out i always thought she was tina from part 7. lol