It is currently Mon Jun 20, 2024 1:02 pm

Post subject: HELP needed to identify a screen used machete....
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2024 2:12 am 
Camper

Hi there I am new to the site and think is the ultimate site for Friday the 13th for sure. Great job to the creators and moderators for all you have done to make the site all it is. I am reaching out for some help identifying a screen used machete I have that I purchased around 4 years ago. I had actually purchased many other screen used pieces such as the metal,retractable and rubber knives from Friday the 13th Part 7 from the same person. In addition I had purchased an ax as well that was used in Part 7 also. I bring these examples up because when I purchased the knives I was told they were from Halloween Part 4 and in reality they were used in Friday the 13th part 7. I had researched a lot and came across an older auction through profiles and saw they sold a lot of 4 different knives and I had bought three of them from a specific seller. Also the Ax was told to be used in Friday the 13th Part 4 but came to find out it was used in Part 7 as well. My point is that the person I had purchased these items from did not know himself where they were used and not even the same movies. The one thing I will say is everything I have bought from this person I have been able to confirm being 100% legitimate screen used props. Actually at the end of the day after finding out where the items were really used and what movies I feel the value of all the items increased. My question to you is I have had this machete you see the pics of for years now and originally was told it was used in JTM but later talked to the person to fond it was used during shoots for publicity,posters, etc.......I never had time to do the research myself so I am here asking for your help to match this machete, and clearly the handle is going to be the key. If you look at the Jason goes to Hell machete you see the end of the handle has a rounded hook end to it so its not from there,,,,,,soooooooo please help and give me some insight to where it was used. Like I siad I have purchased many many pieces from this person and all panned out to be real as it gets so trust it was screen used but need to find out just where,what movie, when? If you can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much and sorry for going on and on, just rying to describe whats going on here along with backround as best as I can. Again thank you for allowing me to join the site and look forward to enjoying all it encompasses...Please contact me with any info you have and perhaps we will solve this fast. :D

[IMG]http://i1096.photobucket
[IMG]http://i1096.photobucket

Post subject: Re: HELP needed to identify a screen used machete....
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2024 2:53 am 
Camper

I tried to read your post but it gave me a headache, try editing it with paragraphs please.

Through a Voorhees was he born... through a Voorhees may he be reborn... and only by the hands of a Voorhees will he die.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2024 1:50 pm 
Camper

Ouch. My eyes already strain enough at the screen as is...

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2024 11:10 pm 
Camper

Sorry guys just learning how to work with the website....Thanks, Dante

Any feedback on the machete???

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2024 11:52 pm 
Camper

I don't think it's Part 2, 3, 4. The Part 2 one was rustier, the Part 3 one had a different handle, and the Part 4 one was wooden. It's gonna be hard finding good pictures that feature the handle, but this is a cool find indeed!