It is currently Mon Jun 20, 2024 12:07 pm

Post subject: Re: Kane Hodder play Michael Myers?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2024 9:25 pm 
Camper

Hey Sheriff_Garris I have seen Kane Hodder play Ed Gain a few times but I not seen BTK but I have heard of it. I know Ed Gain is a true story. Is BTK a true story?

Last edited by martin-horror on Thu Mar 17, 2024 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2024 9:44 pm 
Camper

Quinton_Moad wrote:
Tom Morga, who played Voorhees in Tommy Jarvis' hallucinations in "Part V: A New Beginning", also played Myers at the beginning of "Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers." Dick Warlock played Myers the remainder of the film.

Dick Warlock played Myers in Halloween II, not Halloween 4! George P. Wilbur played Myers in Halloween 4 and 6, tieing him with Tyler Mane in two portrayals of Myers each.

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/author/Kane/ My Blog Archives

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2024 12:40 am 
Camper

martin-horror wrote:
Hey Sheriff_Garris I have seen Kane Hodder play Ed Gain a few time but I not seen BTK but I have heard of it. I know Ed Gain is a true story. Is BTK a true story?

BTK is a true story, type in Dennis Rader in wikipedia...the dude was a nutcase.....and a psychopathic murderer.... i thought kanes portrayal of the BTK killer wasn't all that great, and his version of ed gein was even worse...... IMO..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2024 1:25 am 
Camper

Quinton_Moad wrote:
Tom Morga, who played Voorhees in Tommy Jarvis' hallucinations in "Part V: A New Beginning", also played Myers at the beginning of "Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers."

Morga was hockey masked Roy in ANB as well. He also did a stunt as Leatherface during the cars/bridge sequence in Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2.

As for Kane Hodder, no, I don't think he's right for Myers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2024 12:28 pm 
Camper

I still think Kane Hodder got what it takes to play Michael Myers & I also think in the near future Kane Hodder can also really play a very cool made up cool psychopathic killer with or with out a mask because he got that evil look in his eyes but we will always remember as Jason Voorhees. Do any of you think Kane Hodder will ever play Jason again?

Last edited by martin-horror on Thu Mar 17, 2024 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2024 4:27 pm 
Camper

I think Kane's days as Jason are over.
As soon as New Line went with a different actor for Freddy vs Jason Kane's chances of playing the roll again were severely diminished.
Then since the remake there's pretty much no chance anymore.
Maybe if they start making them again they will ask him to do a cameo, but he won't be Jason anymore IMO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2024 5:21 pm 
Camper

I think you are right there rick I cant see Kane Hodder play Jason any more but I think he should of done least Freddy vs Jason but who knows what the future holds for him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2024 11:10 pm 
Camper

Kane seems a bit too stocky to play Michael for my taste. I find the character to be scarier when he's lankier. Big buff slashers are tiresome. Although Tyler Mane's portrayal is an exception, since I found him pretty frightening in Mr. Cummings's Halloween II (didn't care for him in the remake).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2024 1:15 am 
Camper

I think the best person to ever play Myers was Don Shanks from part 5. He was more menacing and mysterious!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2024 4:29 am 
Camper

Don Shanks was one of the worst portrayals, imo. Michael looked like a 'roided out junkie with a beast of a neck. Wasn't scary in the slightest. No one touches Nick Castle's performance. Warlock was too robotic and stiff. Wilbur was either too padded up or too pudgy. Shanks looked too much like a body builder. Durand was decent, actually. His misfortune was the costume design (terrible). Loree wasn't too shabby either, despite looking like a transgender gorilla and being in an overall POS film. Kane Hodder just wouldn't have been that great either if he ever had the chance, I feel. He's better suited for characters like Jason and Victor Crowley.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2024 6:24 am 
Camper

my words are taking outta my mouth, thanks spook...(sounds kinda bad lol)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2024 3:23 pm 
Camper

Spook wrote:
Don Shanks was one of the worst portrayals, imo. Michael looked like a 'roided out junkie with a beast of a neck. Wasn't scary in the slightest. No one touches Nick Castle's performance. Warlock was too robotic and stiff. Wilbur was either too padded up or too pudgy. Shanks looked too much like a body builder. Durand was decent, actually. His misfortune was the costume design (terrible). Loree wasn't too shabby either, despite looking like a transgender gorilla and being in an overall POS film. Kane Hodder just wouldn't have been that great either if he ever had the chance, I feel. He's better suited for characters like Jason and Victor Crowley.

Well you are entitled to that opinion. I, however, give the underrated the benefit of the doubt.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2024 12:42 am 
Camper

It be great to see Kane Hodder to play the role of Michael Myers at least for once.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2024 1:02 am 
Camper

Nah, that would be like watching your wife sleep with your best friend.

He's back...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2024 2:55 pm 
Camper

Like many I don't like the idea of Myers physically being a huge monster.
I prefer an average to 6-foot tall unstoppable stalker who does just that, stalks from the shadows.
But in the reboot series that's been changed.
I'd prefer Myers to go back to stalking more and being a silent killer, more like Myers in the original series and that can still happen with a bigger stunt guy/actor in the outfit.
It's Rob Zombie's characters and writing I really want them to get rid of though. I hate everything about that guys writing and film style.
If there is a new Halloween film coming down the line I think Kane could make a very good Myers if they are going to stick to the hulking type.
Todd Farmer and Patric Lussier said everyone liked their Halloween 3-D script that tried to take the series back to a more Carpenter-esque feel and style.
But even if they reboot again or just make a new movie completely unconnected to Zombie's films (please, please, please let this happen) and decide to keep Myers as a hulk Kane would work well.
Kane is a very big guy, so they would need to keep the hulking Myers type, but Kane has shown he can play a silent stalker as well. It's been years since Kane played Jason in part 7. His body type back then would have been great for Myers, but look at how big he's gotten through the chest and shoulders since.
Hatchet 2, the scenes where Kane plays Crowley's dad, the man has absolutely no neck left.
Again, hardcore fans may have a bug up their ass about any actor playing both Jason and Myers, but we already had Tom Morga play Myers and then Jason/Roy and that was no big deal.
I think Morga would have made a great Jason in a regular Friday the 13th film. Too bad he didn't get the chance.