It is currently Mon Jun 20, 2024 11:58 am

Post subject: Very interesting pattern I've found in horror movies.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2024 4:56 pm 
Camper

This is something I've been quietly brooding over the for the last few years now, and now I've finally found a place to talk about it.

Jason
Michael
Leatherface
Freddy

The Big Four, I have found startling similarities between all of them, and some of these overlap. Let's explore.

They each have 1 that really has nothing to do with the series: Halloween III: Season of the Witch, Friday the 13th Part 5: A New Beginning, Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III, Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

They each have 1 that attempts to explain everything supernaturally: Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday, Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation.

Here's where we overlap a little. The "black sheep" of each series: Halloween III: Season of the Witch, Jason X, A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation.

Agree or disagree?

Post subject: Re: Very interesting pattern I've found in horror movies.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2024 5:11 pm 
Camper

I think Leatherface TCM 3, is actually pretty damn good...and yeah agree with you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2024 5:17 pm 
Camper

Leatherface is great I'm just saying it stands out especially after the events of Part 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2024 5:18 pm 
Camper

I like your thoughts here. I just love them all and its a pattern you dont see anymore films today just dont compare.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2024 5:26 pm 
Camper

JasonXIII wrote:
Leatherface is great I'm just saying it stands out especially after the events of Part 2

i agree, its like its almost kinda like a remake of the first, part 3, the next generation are definately trying to remake the original however, i think leatherface uncut is pretty awesome... yea it does stand out after part 2..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2024 10:32 pm 
Camper

It's almost it was planned because the contrast is eerie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2024 12:01 pm 
Camper

It's nothing new but I agree with you JasonXIII on this pattern

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2024 11:40 pm 
Camper

I've got another thing a few of them have in common. What about the idea that has popped up in a few series. The idea to kill of the killer so the good guy could take his place. At the end of Friday part four and five it appears that Tommy would fill in for Jason. This idea was decided against and Jason was brought back for part 6 Jason Lives. Now onto the next example, Jaime from the end of Halloween 4. Jaime kills her step mother and it appears Jaime could become the next killer but again this is decided against and forgotten for Part 5. Now the last isn't exactly like the other two but I think it should be mentioned. In Freddy's revenge.... Speaking of Freddy's Revenge where was it? Who'd he get his revenge on?........ Okay back to the point. Freddy decides he's tired of just killing in the dream world and takes control of the hero to kill for him in the real world. That's the Big Three.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2024 12:02 am 
Camper

New Nightmare wasn't actually part of the series continuity, it was a stand alone film about the actress Heather Langencamp being stalked by an evil entity that took the form of Freddy. Leatherface: TCM III was a quasi-remake and/or, a sequel, however you want to look at it. TCM: The Next Generation was a remake. The only true sequel to TCM was part 2.

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/author/Kane/ My Blog Archives