It is currently Sat Jul 02, 2024 11:38 am

Post subject: from the horses mouth
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2024 9:58 pm 
Camper

I (finally) met Sean Cunningham at Monster Mania Con in Baltimore last week and asked him whats going on with the next film. He said they're shooting for A Friday the 13th in 2024 release. Could be January (not likely), April or July. I haven't heard much about a script or any casting so it sounds like a long shot for next year. Any one else have any info on the next one?

Post subject: Re: from the horses mouth
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2024 9:40 pm 
Camper

oh wow.. I hope that it's good... I wonder if it will be the final movie? it's going to be the 13th movie afterall... maybe they should save it for 2024 :D.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2024 3:19 am 
Camper

I was there and met him as well he was great. I hope this is true.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2024 4:17 am 
Camper

As long as it doesn't resemble the friday "remake"- still gagging at that one.. underground tunnels.. fuck!!!.. was so furious at that shit. almost as bad as texas chainsaw 2.. (almost). If this will come to reality.. lets hope it stays true to the real friday franchise.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2024 9:35 pm 
Camper

I actually liked the Remake. I thought the underground tunnels were a nice explanation as to why Jason is every-fucking-where at once. Didnt you ever wonder "How the hell is he getting around so damn fast for someone that walks after everyone"? I know I asked that same question all the time. I think they should keep the tunnels for the next movie. BUT I hope the story is different. You dont have to have bloodier kill scenes to make the movie better..although, bloodier the better, but the story needs to be good.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2024 4:05 am 
Camper

Since the series was rebooted, everything that happened in the original series was pretty much obsolete in this film. The only 3 classic subjects they stuck to were Jason avenging his mothers death, and the setting of Crystal Lake. Its all a matter of thinking outside of the box!

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/author/Kane/ My Blog Archives

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2024 4:04 pm 
Camper

They are "shooting" for (probably meaning aiming for or hoping for) a Friday the 13th in 2024, but its all going to come down to New Line WB.
It's June 25th now and we have gotten no word officially from the distribution and production company so I wouldn't hold my breath on what Cunningham said.
I'm sure they'd all like to get one out, but if there has been no word on pre-production or casting I doubt anything will be going on that early in 2024.
Fingers crossed though.
I am hoping NL/WB is looking for a way to do it without having to be involved with Platinum Dunes.