It is currently Sat Jul 02, 2024 11:59 am

Post subject: my feelings on the movie and Jason reboot as a whole
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2024 4:15 am 
Camper

Hi, guys, I'm new to the site, but am no stranger to the series. The remake is probably my favorite, and let me state my argument.

1. Jason is human. We're back to how the series should have been. I realize Zombie Jason is how he really got famous, but that was always just a plug for Paramount to keep making sequels (and bury "The New Beginning").
2. Jason never drowned. This is only assumed in "Part II" because we all know that dead little boys don't grow. Now it is fact.
3. Jason can run again (as it was in II, III, & IV). It's somehow scarier when the giant in the hockey mask and fire axe is hauling ass towards you.
4. Jason has tunnels and trap doors hidden all over the camp. This clears up his ability in the original series of always popping up at the right place and right time (despite walking briskly for the majority of the series.
5. Jason is a hunter. This makes better since to explain how he's survived, and kills (bear traps, bow and arrow, etc.)
6. Jason is territorial. This is always been debated, but again...
7, The hostage. Since when does Jason take prisoners? Since never. But the reboot Jason is a more complex, methodical hunter, and if he's willing to keep his mother's head, I see no reason why it would be "weird" to keep a girl that is the spitting image of his mother.

By and large I just felt this movie tried alot harder in terms of continuity and story.

Post subject: Re: my feelings on the movie and Jason reboot as a whole
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2024 4:38 am 
Camper

You bring up good points. I really enjoyed the reboot. Aside from the whole Donnie death scene, I thought the movie was great. I loved the extended kill of Trent in the killer cut. Jason saws him with the machete, then impales him on the back of the truck. Classic. The waterskier getting rammed with the boat after the driver gets an arrow in the head. Loved it. I think Jablonsky is a better composer than the work he did for the reboot. I would have liked more of a Friday sound to it...but, in the end, I bet he wrote and recorded what he was told to do. His score from Nightmare was much better.

I believe the reboot is way better than more than half of the films. My fave is 6. Next is 4. After that, its up in the air. Part 3 was the first one I ever saw so it has a special place in my heart.

Reboot rocked. Mears rules. If they don't use him for a future movie, that would be a huge mistake. Whoever at Platinum Dunes ok'd him, did a great job.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2024 4:45 am 
Camper

Thank you so much! I was expecting some hate for this, and you were right there with me! I think the reboot is how Jason always should have been before they had to keep making up sequels. Jason is a serial killer. He runs, he eats, he sleeps, and he hunts. I thought they got it right the first time with Part II, which is where much of "Reboot Jason" comes from. The mountain man Jason. Part III is iconic for the mask, but somehow, forgive my issue, it somehow drops the seriousness of the situation, you know? Part IV is back on track a little, but then he's dead. And to me, that's the split. Mountain man Jason and Zombie Jason are different characters in my opinion, and while both are classic, I'm more a serial killer fan when it comes to horror, so I liked how that started (Part II), and ended (Friday the 13th '09).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2024 7:33 pm 
Camper

Wow JasonXlll you really do know what you are talking about.

Last edited by martin-horror on Fri Mar 18, 2024 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2024 4:08 am 
Camper

Buddy when I get into something I like to break it down and explore. Leave no stone unturned, ya know.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2024 5:54 am 
Camper

im half and half about this remake....

the good:
Jason..derek mears did a fantastic job.. i got no complains on him
the first 15 minutes: self explanatory, the beginning ROCKED...believable characters, some good kills,.

the bad:

The acting, i know that in the 80's ones, the acting wasnt good either, but here, the actors, basically come off as they're suppose to be retarded..at least the actors back in the day, gave what all they could for a good performance and it came off believable, here its more or less, oh were cast as dumb teenagers, were gonna act stupid, for the sake of being stupid.... that chinese dude, should of never of been casted for any movie at all the main guy Jared Padalecki, is the only one who gave a shit about his character and did do a great job..

where is the camp??? where is the campy feel...If I wanted to watch a cast from a WB show get killed, I'll watch the Texas Remake... the ONE important ingredient for the friday movies is completely missing here... Where is the camp feel? oh great, a bunch of college kids, going to some rich kids house on the lake for the weekend, doesnt seem like camp crystal lake to me... i dont expect the remake to be a complete scene by scene remake, but at least ad the basic elements that make these films great to us fans...the camp vibe is no where here... i feel like im at a resort up at mill lacs lake (minnesota lake)

this movie gets a 2.5/4 stars for me..its got a killer jason, i liked the hunting vibe of jason in this one, the intro rocks...unfortunately everything else kinda falls apart after that..oh yeah 'GREAT' ending too... blah

although JasonXIII you make great points as far as jasons side goes, I agree... i just hated the other aspect of the film like i mentioned above.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2024 11:18 pm 
Camper

It's too bad the studio doesn't give a shit about our opinions; just saying!

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/author/Kane/ My Blog Archives

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2024 11:58 pm 
Camper

i didnt mean to come off as a whiner with that post, thats just kinda the issues i had with the movie, i dont hate it or anything, just not my favorite.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2024 12:57 am 
Camper

It's all good, I wasn't being sarcastic, I was actually serious when I said it's too bad the studio doesn't really give a shit!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2024 4:41 am 
Camper

they should do a sequel to the reboot and do it direct to video like they did Return to House on Haunted Hill (which was also a warner brothers remake). and Return to House on Haunted Hill is a DAMN good movie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2024 1:48 am 
Camper

I like to see the reboot sequel like The Final Chapter & if they can do that then most will probaly want more Friday the 13th rebooted sequels.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2024 2:27 am 
Camper

Oh my God, MARTIN, the 2024 film was a reboot of the FIRST FOUR FILMS!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2024 4:33 am 
Camper

lmao jeez, martin ,you either dont think, or are way to imaginary.... the remake was a remake or reboot of the first four..why would you like a reboot sequel to the final chapter, stop with your remake reboot shit, im happy with the sequels after.... remakes and reboots are getting way out of hand...seriously dude, you think tooooooo much.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2024 7:31 am 
Camper

I like that about the camp being basically MIA except for the opening. The reboot never says who ran it, the locals aren't seen except for the cops and the old woman, and we have almost no idea who that Donnie guy was except that he was a loser who had to look at skin mags and play act with a mannequin. I hope a sequel let's us in on this stuff more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2024 3:25 pm 
Camper

I think what martin was meaning(at least my interpretation) is that he would like for the Reboot sequel to be like The Final Chapter. As in the same tone, atmosphere, etc. What's with the "bashing" on this forum? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the franchise & what they want to see happen with this franchise. No person's thoughts or ideas are any greater than the next person's, so please respect that. Friday is the greatest franchise in horror, because it's so diverse in it's fanbase. Every fan has their own reason's for liking what they do about the franchise. If everybody thought & liked the exact same things, we would have nothing to discuss..Which would be pretty boring.